The Great Adventure is a Catholic Bible learning system that makes the complex simple by teaching the story (the narrative) of the Bible. Every day, more and more people are encountering God’s Word through the methods taught in these studies. The Great Adventure has grown into a remarkable system designed to give the average Catholic a solid foundation for a lifetime of Bible reading. Parishes around the world are finding renewed faith and increased involvement among parishioners whose lives have been changed by this exciting study series.
Step 1: The Bible Timeline provides a clear understanding of the underlying Scriptural narrative, which is essential to all Bible reading and study. The 24-part Bible Timeline Bible Study dives deep into the Biblical story. This Bible Timeline study is basic enough to suit those who haven’t studied the Bible before while at the same time offering ways to go deeper that will challenge the Bible study veteran. Salvation history is covered from its beginning in Genesis through the coming of Christ and the establishment of the Catholic Church.
Throughout the 24-part Bible Timeline, you will:
- Read for yourself the 14 narrative books of the Bible—the ones that tell the story—in chronological order.
- Learn God’s marvelous plan of salvation history and see how your faith story fits into “His-story.” |
- Study key Old Testament passages in light of their fulfillment in Christ.
- Learn how Catholic Tradition views the biblical narrative and how to use the Catechism of the Catholic Church as a study reference.
- Gain a greater appreciation for the Scripture readings you hear in Mass.
- Encourage fellow Catholics as you learn how God’s Word applies to your lives.
- Lay a strong foundation for further Bible reading and study.
This is a 24-part video series (twenty-four, 50 minute lessons) on 12 DVDs.