St. Pius X is shepherded by Fr. Greg Staudinger, Pastor. Fr. Greg seeks consultation by two primary Councils: “The Pastoral Council”, (read below) and “The Finance Council.“ The Pastoral Council has four commissions:
- Adult Education Commission: facilitates catechesis within the parish as well as evangelization within and beyond the parish;
- Christian Service Commission: promotes the social mission of the church through direct service, ecumenical involvement, cooperation with civic and others groups which seek to further justice and peace;
- Parish Life Commission: fosters a spirit of community and enhances parish communications; and
- Worship Commission: cultivates full, conscious and active participation in the parish’s liturgical, sacramental and prayer life.
Click here to watch the April 25, 2015 seminar with Kirsten Hangas. 5:20-hour seminar: morning session – building an engaged parish; afternoon session – in depth review of 34 strengths (Gallup).
The Pastoral Council is comprised of twelve members and their primary responsibility is to guide and determine the direction of our parish by providing leadership, leading pastoral planning, and initiating and directing policies which flow out of the parish’s unique mission. They serve for rotating three-year terms and each year at Pentecost four new member’s names are drawn for new terms.
They meet the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00pm in the Parish Center. Officers and members for the 2017-2018 year follow:
Pictured, 2019-2020 Council: front row L to R: Fr. Greg Staudinger, Lynn DeMeyer (CCW Rep.) Craig Rider (Pastoral Council Chair), Krista Bakkedahl (new). Middle row: Patsy Guenthner, Janice Krueger (new), Mike Paquette (new), Dr. Leslie Ruybal (Young Adult Rep.) Bob Holbrook (K. of C. Rep.) Back row: Dave Rigg (Secretary), Don James (Vice-Chair), Phil Zeeck (new), Dave Mork (new) and Tyler Blood (new). Not pictured: Diane Bertrand, Dan Sloan.
- Chair: Craig Rider
- Vice Chair: Don James
- Secretary: Dave Rigg
- Krista Bakkedahl (YA)
- Diane Bertrand (PLC )
- Tyler Blood (PLC)
- Patsy Guenthner (FC)
- Don James (CS)
- Janice Krueger (WC)
- Dave Mork (WC)
- Mike Paquette (CS)
- Craig Rider (FC)
- Dave Rigg (ED)
- Dan Sloan (FC)
- Phil Zeeck (ED)
- Fr. Greg Staudinger, Pastor
- Billings Catholic Schools: –
- Council of Catholic Women Representative: Lynn DeMeyer
- Knights of Columbus Representative: Bob Holbrook
- Young Adult Representative: Leslie Ruybal
Each member of the Pastoral Council also serves as a member of one of the St. Pius Church Commissions. The small letter behind each name indicates which commission the Pastoral Council member serves.
BCS = Billings Catholic Schools
E = Education Commission
W = Worship Planning
CS = Christian Service
PL = Parish Life
FC = Finance Council
Y = Youth Ministry
YA= Young Adults
CCW= Council of Catholic Women