We would love to have you actively involved at St. Pius whether it’s for one-hour gathering or a parish commission. We hope the information found on the various pages of our parish website offers you ways you may answer your baptismal call to serve.
If you have questions about a particular ministry please get in touch with the contact listed on that page.
You may also contact Kathy McCleary Coordinator of Communication & Volunteer for the parish and she will be happy to visit with you.
What can I do this month?
Adding a second Mass back on Sunday will require two things: FIRST, we need time to clean without the use of harsh chemicals, so 90 minutes in between the services is needed, and SECOND many volunteers are needed after the earlier Mass to sanitize for 10-15 minutes on a rotating schedule so that the later Mass is possible. Given this, with your support and trend of attendance in the coming weeks, we hope to offer Mass at 8:30am & 11am on Sunday later in July, if our use of the overflow space continues. If you want to see the return of a second Mass on Sunday, consider volunteering to help with the cleaning/sanitizing after the proposed 8:30am Mass on Sunday; please contact Nick by email or phone, 656-2522, in the parish office to sign up.”
Qualifications & special skills
- Playful and fun loving.
- Completion of Safe and Sacred certification course required by Diocese.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Offer and provide for the emotional, physical and social needs of young children during the time they are in the church nursery.
- Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
- Prepare and maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing.
- Establish and maintain good communication and be sensitive and responsive to parents.
- Read, understand and follow nursery policies.
- Be on site and on time in the nursery for the entire scheduled time.
If this is something you are interested in and would like to see the nursery ministry continue, please call me at 281-8515 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also needing junior high and high school age kids to help assist the nursery attendant. Drop by and ask the attendant if he/she is needing help.
We are seeking nurturing, caring, patient caregivers who enjoy working with young children. Ability to work well with children. Organizational skills helpful.