Parish Life Activities
Parish Life Commission
The Parish Life Commission which was created in 1998 by Fr. Steve and its purpose is to “foster a spirit of community and enhances parish communications.” The individual events, activities and organizations that fall under the Parish Life umbrella (there are 14 – see below) are each coordinated by chairs or committees. The commission itself focuses on the big picture of parish life activities:
- Reviews annual calendar of events and seeks to avoid scheduling conflicts;
- Examines the current events and activities to see if they meet the needs of the parish? If yes, do any need enhancement? If not, what are possible solutions?
- Inquires if the project/event-specific committees have the tools they need and if not offers or looks for solutions;
- Provide an overall PR/Marketing vision of all that falls under Parish Life umbrella.
Members of the Parish Life Commission are Mary Ann Diedrich, Betsy Mollgaard, Jeanne Moller, T. J. Miller, Leslie Modrow, Nick Purchio, Nancy Rigg, Jon Stepanek, and Jeremy Vannatta. Kathy McCleary is the staff liaison. They meet on the first Friday of the month at 12:10pm in the Parish Center. (Jon, Leslie and T.J. are Pastoral Council Representatives.)
Parish Life: If you’d like to learn more or to become involved with any of the following ministries or organizations either contact the person(s) listed by each or where there isn’t a specific contact please call our parish offices 656-2522 and ask for Kathy.
- Baccalaureate for Parish HS grads ~ each spring the parish has a Baccalaureate Mass and a reception following is hosted by CCW.
- Billings Catholic Campus Ministry ~ ministry specific to the two colleges in Billings.
- Coffee & Rolls ~ parish ministry groups host following Sunday Masses late September through early May. All are welcome! You will enjoy fellowship and learn about the host group’s ministries.
- Council of Catholic Women (CCW) ~ the opportunity for women to grow in the faith of the Church, to share their talents, and to strengthen their friendships can be found in the St. Pius X Council of Catholic Women. General meetings are held on the third Mondays of September, November, January, March, and May. Please check our CCW Update in the bulletin for specific times and program information. We welcome every woman parishioner 18 years and older to join us as we share the light of Christ through our words and deeds. Contact: Katie Walsh 656-2869.
Visit CCW on Facebook
Council of Catholic Women Circles (Meet Monthly Sept. – May)
St Michael’s Circle – meets the 3rd Friday of the month at noon in members’ homes. This circle serves for funeral vigils and assists with other CCW and church related activities.
Contact: Kathleen Kennedy (652-6122) or Mary Beth Brotzel (652-2344)
St Anthony’s Circle – Meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. Members assist as needed with CCW activities and sell religious articles twice a year after Masses.
Contact: Gayle Kreitzberg 656-9926 or Lynn Odermann 656-6704
- Ecumenical Service with Good Shepherd Lutheran Church ~ the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving we share a liturgical service of thanksgiving. The service alternates between our parish and Good Shepherd.
- Fall Festival ~ each fall our Parish celebrates with food, games, entertainment and more. Many opportunities exist to help plan, serve and keep activities moving.
- Giving Thanks Dinner ~ each fall a dinner is offered by the parish in honor or our elder members. This event involves the volunteer efforts of individuals and families and all are welcome to help by donating food items or time!
- Knights of Columbus ~ The Knights of Columbus is the largest international fraternal organization of Catholic men, over 18 years of age, dedicated to the Rosary and Mary, the Blessed Mother of Jesus. The St. Pius X Council 9976, Knights of Columbus are Brother Knights and their families that help each other, their church, community, youth and families to be better citizens.
Officer’s Meeting: 7:00pm – 2nd. Thursday of the month
General dinner meeting: 6:30pm – 3rd. Thursday of the month In Fellowship Hall.
To learn more about us click here.
- Ministry Fair/Annual Banner Processions
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers! MOPS is for mothers of children ages 0-5 and is a Christ-centered worldwide community that provides a place for moms to develop relationships and support for the daily act of mothering. The group meets every 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 6:30-8pm (September through May). Meetings include speakers, discussion, crafts and snacks for moms while children are cared for in the nursery. Contact Karen via email or 633.1299. Because Better Moms Make a Better World.
Visit us on Facebook
- Parish Newsletter ~ our quarterly publication…
- Squires Columbian Squires provides leadership training, moral development, and service and social activities for Catholic young men, ages 10-18. They meet the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month at 1:00 p.m. in the St. Pius Youth Center. They are sponsored and counseled by the Knights of Columbus council #9976. Contact: Andy Mikes 652-5594.
- Young Adults ~ who are the young adults of our parish? We are in our 20s and 30s with or without children. We are comprised of singles, couples, married couples, and couples with children who are looking to get more out of our church experience. The motto for our young adult group is Live, Learn, and Lead. See our page for more details!
- Welcoming Committee ~ The Welcoming Committee reaches out to new parish members and helps welcome them into the parish family. Each month we have a group of Welcoming Committee members at a table in our gathering space to welcome new members. They provide informational materials along with a welcoming gift to those who visit the table.
All are welcome! Contact: Kathy Webster-James 655-2363 or Wanda Ebel at 656-7974.